ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Holidays are coming to an end. Back to the grind of evening work and desk imprisonment tonight. It’s incredible how quickly a week goes by when you don’t have to work eh?

At least it’s a short week. It’ll be a long, short week though if you get my drift. I’m sure that the work will be piled up in my hands, as it already is and I’ll have to jump in like I’ve never been gone. Yippee.

Anyway, I still have the rest of the day to live the life of a woman of leisure.
I’ve been considering for the past couple of days how I could adequately wrap up 2006 in a year end post.

Another year has come and is slowly drifting into the sunset. With it, it takes all that represents 2006 and files it away as done. There have been moments I will cherish forever and others I will try to forget. I have been touched by life. Death came knocking, and miracles happened. Laughter filled my soul but danced a slow one with sadness. Friendships were made yet other were lost. Some wounds will heal, others never will. But tomorrow is coming and life goes on.

It's been a year filled with disappointments and some interesting surprises. The tail end of 2006 has been a sad one for some of my friends and I hope the New Year brings them some peace and happiness.

In many ways 2006 has been liberating and fun yet there were a few moments...For the first time in a long time I found myself free to be myself and I took advantage of it.
Although things aren’t always peachy in the lives of Mariposa & her MAN , (we still have obstacles and fears to face) things are looking up.

As year 2006 drew to its timely close, I reflect upon not only my own journey but the journies of others. I wish only the best to You this next year. It’s a clean slate and anything can happen.
Hope you have better stories to tell.

No comments: