ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a

Monday, February 25, 2008

Ako ay Pilipino

Today I'm hosting Fun Monday but still I don't want to skip Manic Monday and Music Monday.

I apologize for not being so active today...not so usual for me yet, I got caught up with some things...

Twenty-two years ago, the Filipino people showed to the whole world the meaning of real power. Yes, today is EDSA People Power Revolution anniversary...and though I was still so young then, my parents...and the school I've been with for 8 long years did not fail to teach to appreciate its value.

The title of this post is written in our national language and it means "I am a Filipino." The country today is facing another political crisis...so many issues that I chose not to discuss in this site. I have shared relationships with people in the government and people who are not so favorable with the government and for somebody who joined the political arena, serving as head our our Local Youth Council at the age of 16...people expect me to be so eagerly involved in politics...at the very least involved in the discussions....so I'm face with the question what is political stand...or at least my inclination. My loyalty to my country and to my people. The PEOPLE is my party and that is where my support is. Whatever is noble...whatever is true...whatever is good for the people, there I AM.

So today, please allow me to share two "EXPLOSIVES", which is the theme of Manic Monday today. These two songs means so much to me that it never fails to make me cry. There are times that these songs give me tears of gladness...for the depth of my proud I am of my race cannot be measured. But right now, I'm crying because I feel so sad. I feel so sad for the people who made EDSA Revolution possible 22 years ago only for their effort to be forgotten...I'm sad for people who use people power for their own interest. I'm sad for those PEOLE who had died withouth seeing the DAWN. I'm sad for I fear for the future of the Filipino Youth.


The title of this song Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo means, "The Filipinos Offer to the World" referring to people power, a peaceful way of change and revolution.


This song Magkaisa is call for Unity. I really love this song!

Magkaisa

Ngayon ganap ang hirap sa mundo
Unawa ang kailangan ng tao
Ang pagmamahal sa kapwa'y ilaan
Isa lang ang ugat na ating pinagmulan
Tayong lahat ay magkakalahi
Sa unos at agos ay huwag padadala

Chorus
Panahon na (may pag-asa kang matatanaw)
Ng pagkakaisa (bagong umaga, bagong araw)
Kahit ito (sa atin Siya'y nagmamahal)
Ay hirap at dusa
Magkaisa (may pag-asa kang matatanaw)
At magsama (bagong umaga, bagong araw)
Kapit-kamay (sa atin Siya'y nagmamahal)
Sa bagong pag-asa

Ngayon may pag-asang natatanaw
May bagong araw, bagong umaga
Pagmamahal ng Diyos, isipin mo tuwina

(Repeat Chorus)
Magkaisa (may pag-asa kang matatanaw)
At magsama (bagong umaga, bagong araw)
Kapit-kamay (sa atin Siya'y nagmamahal)
Sa bagong pag-asa

May God Bless the Philippines and the Filipino people.

7 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

A powerful post. Thanks for making it a part of Music Monday!

Anonymous said...

Ako ay Pilipino (too). Thanks for the history lesson.

Sandee said...

You are the second that has done this post today. Very well done. I so remember this. Have a great MM. :)

Durward Discussion said...

There are so many places in the world that have had to survive difficult times. This was an excellent view of Filipino history.

thailandchani said...

I like this.... it gives a glimpse into how you view this, what is happening there. It's important for us to know this.

I have many thoughts of course.. but far too long for a comments forum.

Jen said...

Wonderful post, Mariposa.

Gabriel said...

Great work, Mariposa.

Thanks for having visited my Manic Monday post as well!