ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today Is...

...Wednesday!

Finally, Wednesday is here!

So what's the fuss with Wednesday? Nothing really, it's just the middle of the week and I want to post something here...and my brain seemed to stop working the moment my fingers touch the keyboard.

So let me talk about TODAY.

The mid-day of the week is named for the Norse God, Odin. He was also known as Woden or Wotan. Unlike many of the other days of the week, this day did not correspond roughly with the Roman designation for the day. (The Roman's named Wednesday for the messenger God - Mercury - In Romanian, the day is still known as miercuri). The early Scandinavians and Germans believed that Odin was the chief God of Asgard and as such deserved to have a day of the week named for him. The Anglo-Saxons used the word,
Wodnesdaeg.

Wednesday is often referred to as "hump day" because of its position as the middle day of the work week. If the work week were a hill, then Wednesday would be the crest. It is all down hill from there. Whether the down hill ride is a coast or a descent into a swamp is left to the individual, as for mine...IT IS fortunately and unfortunately.

By the way, please visit Mariposa's Wordless Wednesday entry - Temptation...

Hope you're week is getting better as you hit Wednesday! ;)

[ADD ON]

I have been tagged by Schmutzie to do a MEME. I love MEMEs! And since today, I'm not just wordless at all...ah, what a timely tag!

The rules:

  1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
  2. Open the book to page 123.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the next three sentences.
  5. Tag five people.
The book nearest me is "What Makes A Leader - Key to Achieving Your goals while Encouraging Others" by Stan Toler. There are several books in my desk actually but this is what I grab first! ;)

Page 123, Sentences 6 to 8 -

"Effective leaders not only listen, they respond by going the extra mile in trying to meet customer needs. Leaders listen to their team. What do the team members need?"

Let me try...I tag the following wonderful people -

(1) Grey of GreyFort
(2) Sid of Verbal Diarrhoe

(3) Gabriel of Live from Waterloo
(4) Tien of Legend of Miracles
(5) BipolarLawyerCook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really - that's the reason it's called Hump Day? My husband has a lot of explaining to do!!!

Grey said...

I like the hump day! lol@ suze!

and about the tag ! i am so embarrassed cz i looked around and i couldnt locate a book anywhere in my house exept the bible, anyway i will come up with something.... There gotta be a book somewhere in the house

Jen said...

I think there are variations on the Mercury theme in several latinate languages. Fascinating post!

Anonymous said...

The idiot that is writing this comment finally realise that he has to do a meme...

Sorry for taking such a long time...