ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!!!

Time flies so fast and it's a beautiful Monday once again!

MANIC Monday this week is about EGGS! I love the theme and this makes me happy because this allows me to make a quick post on how my day went yesterday...

Yesterday we had our usual Easter breakfast...


These are what we partly prepare...well at least what Yummy and I did.




And here is a glimpse of the table...without the food.





In the evening, we had post Easter dinner...something like with some friends...and well, I'm a sucker for table setting so here!!!



And these are the things that got my busy the whole weekend!!!


I did some decorative eggs...the traditional Happy Easter Eggs that I've been doing for the past 20 years of my life...




And for those who do not know...I'm into handicrafts and I make decorative candles and other items for give aways...so below is my EGG Votive Candle -
Easter edition....




And I put some of them in a stand...




Of course all these won't be possible without the help of Yummy (aka I.T. Guy)!

So there, you had my EGGS for MANIC MONDAY!


And as you all know I'm fond of doing all my Monday activity in one post so I present to you this week's FUN Monday!


Our nice host this week, Swampy (The Queen) wants us to do an ABC Fun Monday! This is hard...but let me try anyway...

This is the ABC of some cute (weird) facts about Mariposa! What can I do I'm a sucker for TMI....!


I love Apple pie!
I love Butterflies so much that most of the time I think I am one!
Coffee to me is more than just a drink.
I collect anything with Diamonds! (It's freaking costly and it drains my savings...LOL)
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea is one of my favorite perfumes!
The world of Feng Shui fascinates me!!!
When I'm bored, I Google anything/ everything that comes to my mind.
HNT allows me to do one thing I love ~ self-portrait!
I love you all!!!
I have Japanese blood...
I want to learn more about Kabbalah.
I'm born under the sign of Leo. (I just enjoy horoscopes!)
How I want to keep Mariposa's Tales forever!
I don't run out of Nail polish...
I grow up with Old music!
I wear Pearls most of the time...I think I look good with it. ;)
I collect Quotations and anything quotable!
Red dominates my closet!
I'm a sucker for Shoes...
I used to bath myself with Tea. (Yeah, yeah, that's why I stopped.)
I'm slowly appreciating the benefit of UV protection.
I take lots of Vitamins E and B!
Wordless Wednesday brings back my interest in photography.
I used to dream of being part of X-Men.
Yummy (aka I.T. Guy) takes away all my fears and worries!
Zhang Zi Yi will play my character if a movie about me is made.

So that's my ABC...and to complete it...here is my MUSIC Monday!



For more MUSIC, more ABCs, and more EGG stories...visit the following;

SMID for MUSIC Monday...

Mo for EGG, I mean Manic Monday!

and

Queen Swampy for FUN Monday!


42 comments:

Gattina said...

Your Easter decoration is just lovely I like the little candle holders ! but I also hope you hadn't all this food at 9 am ! For a breakfast it's a lot but it looks really yummy !
You didn't put your alphabet in order either, hehe !

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Gattina our breakfast here is usually a heavy meal...and well, I always over-prepare! LOL

Yup, yup for my alphabet!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I love the eggcellent votive candle holders.

Happy Manic Easter Monday

Anonymous said...

The egg candles are really gorgeous. :)

Ivanhoe said...

I love your table settings! And the food just looks yummy! Happy MM!

Dave said...

Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL Easter spread!!!! Ours didn't look anywhere like that, but we had a great time.

Glad yours went well.

Sarge Charlie said...

This is some cool stuff, nice table.

thailandchani said...

Very pretty handicrafts!

Be well.

Jen said...

Thank you so much for sharing your Easter traditions - your settings, crafts, etc., were just beautiful! And fun Monday was really - FUN. And I so agree about coffee!

SwampAngel65 said...

Your Easter decorations are so cute! Love 'em!! And you list is great...a fun way to learn more about you!

Anonymous said...

That is ONE gorgeous table ! I love beautifully-set tables. I just wish I was as crafty as you. Eggscellent ! So colorful and bright.
Lurv Lurv Lurv that list. I think we might be sistahs. Too many things you listed that I totally, like totally, relate to.
Thanks for playing the game(s).
Have a wonderful week. Excuse me while I go take a tea bath with my pearls on.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

just lovely!!!

smiles, bee

Unknown said...

Happy MM! Your easter traditions, meal are wonderful. I really liked the candles...

As usual, my response this week to the MM meme takes Mo's word to a different place that is unique to the African American culture.

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

That is a delicious-looking brunch, and your dinner setting is beautiful! I wish I'd been there to enjoy it all. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm here for Fun Monday, but NICE pictures of your table settings and eggs-cellent adventures (ok...lame, lol).

Your answer to Swampy's challenge was educational about "all things Mariposa"...that's nice when a FM helps you get to know the blogger a bit better. AND...I learned IT Guy and you are a pair (I wasn't able to do his FM, so I missed this before now).

OOooo, and based on your ABCs, you'll like next week's theme for FM...which reminds me, I've got to write about it for tomorrow!

Sandee said...

I love your table, your candles. Wow, what a spread. I'm hungry just looking at the pictures. I also loved the ABC's about you too. Have a great MM. :)

IamwhoIam said...

From A-Z I found you fascination. Dinner looked great, and you set a lovely table.

Unknown said...

I love your egg photos! I need some of those egg candles. :)

Pamela said...

Did you stop bathing?... or just stop bathing with Tea. bwaa ha ha ha.

Oh... I want to be an X-man too. Yesterday in the car we (adults!) were talking about our super powers.
I want to be able to split into two people. I could get so much more done.

maryt/theteach said...

Mariposa, I'm so impressed by your table decorations, your crafts, your eggs and the food! All lovely! :D

Grey said...

Beautiful, wish you a belated Easter, Sure you had fun i guess, did you get drunk? Lent is over innit?

Anonymous said...

I love the gorgeous pics. I also love how you wrote your list with those great colors. I thought about doing that, but I'm too lazy. Good job!

Mo and The Purries said...

That was quite a post!
LOVE your egg-crafts and candles!
That was quite an amazing table layout, too!
Thanks for participating in Manic Mondays!
Cheers,
~manic mo

Molly said...

Happy Easter to you. Your Easter food, table settings, and decorations look fabulous. I like coffee, red, pearls, and quotations. You can have the diamonds (except the earring that I inherited from my mother.)

WendyB said...

Love the candles!

Nancie said...

Wow, you sure have a wonderful meal! And thanks for sharing the ABC's of your life and the sweet ABC song :)

Faye said...

I love the looks of your blog. You appear to have a very interesting life--very social.

Travis Cody said...

I love your Easter food and decor! Very nice indeed.

Happy MM!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Wow, you are so talented, those eggs are just gorgeous. And you and yummy IT Guy know how to breakfast, it looked amazing.

I love all your facts, I really like that Green Tea perfume too.

karisma said...

Just lovely! Your table, food and handicrafts, you did a beautiful job.

Im with you on the coffee thing....its actually a lifeline...I could not possibly live without it, as I found out this morning when someone handed me a Latte instead of a real coffee!

Alison said...

great fun monday list....I love it!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how beautiful your Easter was. The egg candles were just so awesome. Way too cool for words!

Celeste said...

I was here for FM, but I am wowed by your Easter decorations.

ChrisB said...

You clearly had a wonderful Easter, your table is beautiful. I particularly love your egg decorations, those candles are so sweet. Great alphabet list, and cute little video.

Kittie Kate said...

Cool!!!

Scoot over! I'm heading over!

I'll help you do the dishes and clean up afterwards. Just save me some food and I'm there!

Kittie Kate said...

They said Zed instead of Z. That's English English. Americans pronounce it "zee."

Anonymous said...

Funny I was cooking eggs at my sister's place today and when I read your blog, it's about eggs...

LittlePea said...

Great pix. I love the ABCs of you. That's a good idea for a day when I feel blahg...

Happy (late)Easter!

Richard said...

What an exquisite layout and selection of food.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter Mariposa!

Have a good day.

Jan said...

Hii Mariposa !!!! Please go to my site and read my blog. Gosh, I miss you !!!! (((HUGS)))

Love You !!

Whiskeymarie said...

Those egg candles are freaking cute! And the food for Easter looks amazing- very impressive!