ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Procrastinator's Creed

I'm doing both Thankful Thursday and Thursday Thirteen today...and to be able to do that is something I am so grateful!

Enormous blessings showered me this week...and I sit here reflecting on what goodness have I done in life to deserve what I have...most especially the people around me who cares so much for me.

I can type the same thing over and over every Thursday for these are the things which I am most grateful for...you may get tired reading it...yet I just want to make it a point never to be too tired to celebrate all the glories I have...after all, life is beautiful!

I am now getting way better and my mood is picking up slowly...so, I'm rebounding...without any mood pills...praise God!

For a change...I'm trying something light for today...and I hope you will all enjoy my list...


1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.

2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.

4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.

5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.

6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.

8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.

9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.

10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.

11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.

12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.

13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.


This is list is never to encourage procrastination...it's just that, I'd like to look at this list as a reminder to pause and not to take life too seriously...it's already too serious as it is!


Everyday is the best time
to give thanks!

Please check Thankful Thursday
an
d together let us celebrate
all the
things we should
be grateful for!





For other 13 wonderful things....please visit Thursday Thirteen!

13 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Mariposa! It looks like you're getting some perspective on work, too.

Huge hugs!

storyteller said...

LOL … I enjoyed your ‘light-hearted list’ today and am delighted you’re feeling better. Mine’s up early too because I’ve got my advanced PSE6 class early tomorrow morning and won’t have time to post before I go.
Hugs and blessings,

bernieg1 said...

You hit the mark on the head with that number 1!

13 Top Books for Muslim Children

Candy Minx said...

Oh these were hilarious...did you write these? They are so so funny. I had to copy them to put into a journal.

I loved this thank you so much.

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday and nice to "meet" you!

Here is my TT list:

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2008/08/13-things-about-hundertwasser.html

Jan said...

that was great my friend..... sounds like you are indeed feeling better. (((HUGS)))

Grey said...

Very Glad that you are getting better. You are in my prayers . Take care . Keep praying .

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....quite the creed. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Denise said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Elle Dubya said...

#9 is totally me - i have never made a quick decision in my life! happy thursday :)

Nancie said...

So glad you are feeling better! Thank God! May God continue to restore you and strengthen you. Yes, there is truly many things to be thankful for each week. The Lord is good to us. May you continue to know His love and mercies in many wonderful ways. You are in my thoughts and prayers always. Take care and God bless!

sbwrites said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! Loved your list!

Susan

Nancie said...

Thinking of you and praying for you :) Take care and have a blessed weekends and Lord's day. God bless!

the princess said...

glad you are feeling better girl! i always enjoy reading your thoughts. you make me think very much and also give me that little dose of humor as well. i admire you.