ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a ss_blog_claim=5555364cf3e98c39578eb4fbc35f307a

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Deliverance...




The Lord your God is with you;
His power gives you victory.
The Lord will take delight in you,
and in His love He will give you new life.

~ Zephaniah 3:17 TEV


The past weeks was a training course for me and my faith...and I'm so blessed to make it this far! God had renewed my heart, and had fortified my spirit! Truly God's power make us victorious over everything...we just have to give it all up to him!

I remember one beautiful story that was related to me by SJI's father many years...we were talking about careers...ambitions...and life then. I was blubbering a lot...when he started telling the following story --

One day, a mother brought her son to the beach. The son was enjoying the water was so much, that before they knew it, he had gone to the deep and was drowning. On the shoreline was a strong young man. The mother seeing her son drowning went to the young man and asked for help. The young looked at the mother and then the struggling child, but he did not do anything. At such time when the child had stopped struggling and was slowly drowning down, the young man ran to the child and grabbed him...and brought him to the shore safely.

The mother was so thankful, yet couldn't resist asking the young man, what took him so long to help her son. The young man said, it will be easier for me to save him the moment he stopped struggling.

Then, he asked me, Mariposa, at what point are you now in your life? Are you still struggling or have you given it all up?

Since then, for every trials that come my way, I always reflect on that story...and give it all up to God.

Happy (not so) WORDless FILLED Wednesday!


To see more wonderful captures, please check Wordless Wednesday!


Celebrate with us as we share inspiring Bible verses at Word Filled Wednesday!

31 comments:

Gattina said...

I can't comment on that, sorry.

Denise said...

Bless you dear.

Mokihana said...

Wow... that is a wonderful verse and story to go with it. How often I keep struggling and it's so hard for God to rescue me. Thanks for the reminder to just Him come and save me.

Anonymous said...

I so love that verse...it is my most favorite out of all of the Word.

And what a neat story and your thoughts...beautiful.

Blessings!

Chris said...

thanks for sharing...

Bonny said...

This is a great reminder that we don't have to do things alone and can ask for help and guidance.

I'm so grateful you shared this story.

Peace be with you ;)

Tracy said...

Wow! What an amazing passage! And the illustration you shared really brings it even closer to home. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo and a verse I'll be pondering on today!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a great WFW. I needed to hear that this morning.

Beth in NC said...

What a beautiful picture and story!

Happy WFW!
Beth

Special K said...

WOW! What a great picture and such a wonderful scripture to go with it! Thanks for sharing!

Joan said...

Great Post.
Thanks for sharing that verse and story.
Happy WFW!
Blessings

DeeDee said...

wow..
His Power does give us Victory

Thanks for sharing that story too!
What a wonderful reminder to QUIT STRUGGLING!
Sweet Blessings to you!
DeeDee

Susan said...

Great word!! And devotional as well.

Hope you have a blessed day today♥

Mojo said...

Great photo, where is that? Beautiful place wherever it is.

broca's area said...

nice moral story!!:)..tc!!

Amydeanne said...

Happy WFW! I've heard that story before and it has some truth in it that sure makes sense doesn't it?

Maureen Hayes said...

Beautiful photo that accompanies a very important lesson. Thanks for sharing it, I needed to hear that today and I know God put your post in my path as a reminder to me!

My WW post is up at:

http://beingchronicallyillisapill.blogspot.com/2009/03/wordless-wednesday-what-difference-week.html

Happy WW!

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful picture and verse. I love that story. Isn't it funny what we tend to keep just so we can struggle with it when it would be so much easier to surrender to God? Happy WFW!

Anonymous said...

Amazing story; It's a reminder how often do we struggle and put us more in a bind when we can just relax and let our Heavenly Father take over.

There is a tip given to surfers that when caught in a riptide, don't fight against the riptide because it would only waste precious energy and make the surfer tired, but allow the riptide to pull them far enough where they can safely swim back with enough energy.

Anonymous said...

Nice message from the bible. Thanks for sharing. TC mine is up also.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

The verse and picture is beautifull
and encourages to surrender to get TOTALLY new Life...

I had to think long about the conection with the story...... or to understand where you come from...and i understand now NO MATTER i dislike the "drowning image" but as i understand the focuss is the STRUGGLE versus SURRENDER and relying on God's promise....

If i miss it i like to hear it...
For sure you let me THINK..deeper!!

Blessings
Bernice

Susannah said...

Amen. A timely reminder! Blessings, e-Mom

ellen b. said...

Beautiful image with the verse Mariposa. May God continue to bless you with the faith and perseverance to continue your walk with Him!!

Momisodes said...

I've never heard that story before. Thanks so much for sharing that!

Amy said...

BEautiful beautiful WFW pic... love that verse! Not one that you hear often enough...:)

Hugs.. Amy

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH what a beautiful story! And so true. Thanks for sharing!

Alexis said...

Great post!! Thanks for sharing today!

Toia said...

I love the story. After reading it, my first reaction was "WOW!"

Thanks so much for sharing. That story really bless my spirit. Happy WFW!!

Anonymous said...

What a neat story! Great verse too.

LauraLee Shaw said...

that is POWERfulllll!!!!

Momstart said...

That is a lovely message.